Thursday 12 March 2015

Incredible: This Girl Is Only 10 Years Old And Is About To Get A PhD

Esther Okade is not only a genius but also a go-getter. She’s exceptionally smart in how she articulates her ideas. The little girl, who loves dressing up as Elsa from the award-winning film Frozen is a university graduate.
She enrolled to Open University, one of UK’s Distance Learning colleges and has managed to score 100 percent in her recent exams. She’s quite a nerd!
“It’s so interesting. It has the type of maths I love. It’s real maths — theories, complex numbers, all that type of stuff,” she giggles. “It was super easy. My mum taught me in a nice way.” she says. Her mum says that she noticed her daughter’s industrious ability when she started homeschooling at the tender age of three.
“I want to (finish the course) in two years. Then I’m going to do my PhD in financial maths when I’m 13. I want to have my own bank by the time I’m 15 because I like numbers and I like people and banking is a great way to help people,” Esther told CNN.
Open University is part of the new Education Technology trend called Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) that allows people to study for free. What they have to pay for is certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment